Posted December 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM CT
Beginning at 7:00 PM Central today, the Troy, AL and Phenix City, AL campuses will experience intermittent telephone service.
The outages will be brief. However, the maintenance efforts will continue for approximately three hours.
During the three-hour period, telephone service will be interrupted for brief periods. The interruptions will occur to both inbound and outbound calls.
Posted December 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM CT
Parature is having an issue with the connectivity. Engineers are working the problem and hope to have the system operable soon.
Posted December 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM CT
Trojan Web Express will be down at 7:00 p.m. on December 5th to facilitate the end of term processing. Trojan Web Express should be back in service once the grading process is completed.
Posted December 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM CT
All Students, Faculty and Staff
Overnight on December 4, 2013, the City of Troy Police Department responded to the report of an off-campus apartment break in and assault of a female student. City of Troy police are investigating this incident and the University is providing support to both the police and the student.
Over the past week, there have also been some minor instances of property vandalism on campus.
While the events may or may not be connected, I want to take this opportunity to remind students, faculty and staff members to be vigilant in their personal safety. We urge our students, faculty and staff to take a few, common sense steps to increasing their own level of safety:
- Know your campus. Familiarize yourself with the services offered and where things are located on your campus.
- Don’t talk to strangers. If you are unsure about talking with a person, just walk away.
- Lock your doors. This works whether it’s your car, your dorm room or an off-campus home or apartment. Lock up, and don’t open the door for anyone you do not know.
- Maintain “positive control.” Keep your personal items out of sight, in a secured location or with you at all times. Leaving items unattended invites problems.
- Use the “Buddy System.” Don’t go alone. Go in groups, or pairs when you’re out and about.
- When you are going out for the evening, a weekend or just across town, let someone else know where you are going, with whom and when to expect you back. Let that person know when you change your plans.
- Stay “Eyes On.” Report suspicious persons or situations to police immediately. If you need to, dial 911. Stay alert and aware of your immediate environment. If you feel threatened in any way, call 911.
Whether on campus or off, our primary concern is the welfare of our students, faculty members, and staff. Both University and City of Troy police departments are active in investigating these incidents, and are taking steps to increase security patrols.
Chief John McCall, University Police
Posted December 2, 2013 at 04:38 PM CT
The month of December presents opportunity for Troy University IT to conduct system maintenance. Below, the web address for the December 2013 maintenance calendar is available. The calendar offers a schedule of large system outages and other maintenance events.
All times referenced on the calendar are Central Time Zone, UTC-06:00. Thanks in advance for your review and understanding.
Posted December 2, 2013 at 02:51 PM CT
At 12 AM CST on December 18th the Blackboard system will be unavailable for scheduled maintenance. The maintenance window is expected to require 24 hours.
Posted November 25, 2013 at 04:50 AM/PM CT
The Troy Financial Services division requires downtime on the administrative servers to close the 2012-2013 fiscal year.
The schedule follows:
Thursday, December 5, 2013, Datatel and Trojan Web Express will be unavailable after 7:00 PM CST.
Friday, December 6, 2013: Datatel and Trojan Web Express will continue to be unavailable until all fiscal year-end processing is complete.
All other systems will operate without interruption.