Network Authentication ServerSystem Notice
Posted September 26, 2014 at 8:47 AM CT
Network Authentication server is experiencing issues. IT is working on the problem. Enforcement has been disable until the issue is resolved.
Safety Message to Students, Faculty and Staff (Troy Campus)Safety Alert
Posted September 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM CT
Sept. 23, 2014
Troy University officials remind students to follow general safety precautions following the robbery of a student at an off campus location yesterday.
A student reported to the city police that he was a victim of an armed robbery late yesterday afternoon at his apartment complex. The case is still under investigation by the police department.
Personal preparedness is a critical component to individual safety. At Troy University, we urge our students, faculty and staff to take a few, common sense steps to increasing their own level of safety:
- Know your campus. Familiarize yourself with the services offered and where things are located on your campus.
- Don’t talk to strangers. Our parents admonished us, we remind our students to be suspicious of people who they don’t know. If you are unsure about talking with a person, just walk away.
- Lock your doors. This works whether it’s your car, your dorm room or an off-campus home or apartment. Lock up, and don’t open the door for anyone you do not know.
- Maintain “positive control.” Keep your personal items out of sight, in a secured location or with you at all times. Leaving items unattended invites problems.
- Use the “Buddy System.” Don’t go alone. Go in groups, or pairs when you’re out and about.
- Happy Trails. When you are going out for the evening, a weekend or just across town, let someone else know where you are going, with whom and when to expect you back. Let that person know when you change your plans.
- Stay “Eyes On.” Report suspicious persons or situations to police immediately. If you need to, dial 911. Stay alert and aware of your immediate environment. If you feel threatened in any way, call 911.
By taking these simple actions, we can partner to make the TROY experience even better.